Salter-Harris is a classification of fractures involving the growth plate. The relevant mnemonic is SALTR.
- Solo: only through the growth plate
- Above: through the growth plate and above it into the metaphysis, which is the bit of bone towards the shaft of the bone
- Lower: through the growth plate and below it, more towards the extreme end of the bone
- Through: through the growth plate, as well as above and below it
- Rammed: a crush injury that squishes the growth plate
Here is some sage advice.
If you ever have trouble memorising acronyms, there is a simple fix. And that is the power of group study sessions.